Easy Step By Step Tutorial to Make Elegant Outdoor Pallet Seating
- Two wooden shipping planks
- 1×6” cedar piles
- 2” deck screws
- 1/2” wood screws
- Finish nails
- Nail gun
- Drill machine
- Trim piece
- Orbital sander
- 80-grit sandpaper
- Angular brackets
- Circular saw
- Measuring tape
- Stylish seat cushions
- Throw pillows
Selection of Wooden Plank:
Visit local storerooms or go-downs to search for disposed-off wooden planks (pallets). The plank should be clean, neat and strong. We will require two wooden planks
- One to make frame for seat to give it a structural support
- And the other to make the top, sides and back of the seat
Cutting Of Wooden Pallets:
- First of all, mark the wooden planks to 24 x 72” by using pencil and measuring tape (as mentioned in Image # 1).
- Now cut the planks using circular saw (Image # 2). We will use these planks to make seat top, back and sides.
Assembling Top and Bottom Planks
- Make a complete frame of wooden planks by using nails, screws, nail gun and drill machine as shown in the image # 1.
- Place the whole frame on the ground, making sure that all the wooden pallets are aligned.
- Now join the top seat plank with the bottom seat plank, using drill machine and 2” deck screws. Drill the screws along the front and the back edges at about 4 points (Image # 2).
Assembling Side Planks
Now to make the sides of the seating, measure and mark the pallets to 24”. Cut the planks in half, perpendicular to the top plank.
Join Side Planks To Seat Planks:
In the next step, align the front edge of the side plank with the bottom seat plank. Now join the side plank with the lower bottom seat plank using 2”wood screws and drill machine. Repeat the same procedure for the other side of the seat.
Installation of Back Plank of the Seat
Attach the back plank with the seat plank and the side plank, making sure that the back plank is aligned with the back edge of the side planks. Use 1/2”wood screws and angular brackets for this purpose.
Cutting and Joining Top Pallet:
- Take a 1x 6”cedar plank. Measure and mark the plank equal to the top edge of the back plank including the outer edges of the side planks (Image # 1).
- Place the pile on the top of the back plank. Align the edges with the back and the side planks. Attach the plank using finish nails and nail gun (Image # 2).
Stack Arm Pallet:
- Measure two 1×6”cedar planks equal to the size of the side planks. Cut the planks to make the arms of the seat (Image # 1).
- Put the pallet on the side planks and make it align with the inner edge of the side plank. Join the top arm plank with the side plank using finish nails and nail gun (Image # 2).
Attachment of Top Side Piles:
Place a 1x 6” cedar pallet on the side of the back plank and measure and mark the length from the front top edge of the back plank to the arm of the side plank. Use a pencil to mark and circular saw to cut the pile. Flush all the corners and the edges of the cedar pile and attach it to the sides of the back plank with finishing nails and nail gun.
Joining Of Front Pile:
- Take another cedar pile and measure it equal to the distance between the two side planks. This distance will be equal to the back and seat plank.
- Cut the plank with the circular saw, align the upper edge of the other cedar plank with the top edge of the seat plank.
- Attach the cedar plank with the solid parts of the seat plank.
Smooth Surfaces with Orbital Sander:
Smooth all the rough and untidy corners, edges and surfaces using an orbital sander with 80-grit sand paper. It will give the final finishing to the seating.
Decoration of the Seater:
Now to give the final elegant and stylish look to the seating, put some bright colored and beautiful cushions and throw pillows.
Tags: pallet furniture, Pallet furniture ideas, pallet ideas, wooden pallet ideas, wooden pallets